A few steps closer to achieving my goal – I purchased a water bottle today (34 oz) to help with my water intake — it’s a liter of water and if I drink 2 a day then I”m good (considering I’ve not been drinking hardly any) I also purchased a beginning yoga dvd — and I found this great motivational idea on Pinterest – it consists of 2 jars, some letter stickers, and some glass beads. Based on how much weight I wanted to lose, I put the beads (found in the floral dept at Hobby Lobby) in the jar, I put a big bead in for the last one (it’s acutally a necklace pendant that I”m going to have Tim make a necklace for me when I acheive my goal) and a bigger bead for every ten pounds. So I need to lose 84 pounds – I have 75 of the glass floral beads, 8 of the bigger beads and 1 pendant. Once my phone is charged I will post pictures of what I did. Then I put on the jar with the beads, using the stickers “pounds to go” and on the other jar “pounds lost” I will weight myself every Sunday am and then I will move over the amount of beads per the amount of weight I have lost that week. As long as I stay on goal (3 lbs a week) I figure I will acheive my goal by July 21st
So here it is Jan 1, 2013 – a new year – and I don’t know who said it or wrote it – I stole it from someone on Twitter but this was so profound to me —– “Tomorrow, is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one!” I have a blank book in front of me and I want to make it a good one – I’ve never really thought of it that way before. Very smart person who said it, very smart. There is so much I want to change in my life this year, while 2012 was not a bad year it’s not the best I’ve ever used. I got fired from my job and I had to fight for my unemployment benefits, had to move out of our house – that we had thought we’d be in forever, had to move into an apartment with the up and downstairs neighbors from hell, and for the last month stressing to find out if I will have unemployment benefits extended (think fiscal cliff drama) or if we will have no money to live on since I still don’t have a job.
Do not let the shadows of your past darken the doorstep of your future. Forgive and forget. I stole this as well from someone on Twitter, I already closed out my twitter account his name is Phil and he’s an author — I’ll remember shortly and add his last name lol. 2012 was such a stressful year that I am truely looking forward to what I will accomplish this next year and we as a family as well. I have many things I want to accomplish this next year, but I need to leave all the crap of 2012 behind me.
I have a number of goals for the year (most are probably the same that I had last year considering I didn’t work to well on them lol). I don’t call them resolutions because well they are something I want to work on all year long and not just until I mess up and I”m not following it anymore, and my list is in no special order just as they have come to mind.
1. Live on a real budget – not just spend but budget and make sure everything is working right.
2. Read scriptures as a family daily. I’m not sure how we will do this because the #1 thing that is said to keep this consistent is to do it at the same time every day. Well Tim will be going to school 2 nights a week until 9 pm so I’m not sure how we are going to work it but we will figure it out lol
3. 72 hour kits – food and water at the minimum. I would love to have all this stuff that the doomsday preppers have prepared but baby steps right — I just need to get this stuff done – I’ve been feeling like this is something we need to get done for a while and since no one else in the family wants to help out I’m just going to do it and when the time comes to actually use it then they will thank me
4. Lose weight – I have to lose at least 80 lbs – I don’t feel good about myself, I don’t feel sexy, I don’t feel pretty, and I have no clothes that fit me – I was going to a Christmas party the other day and I went thru my closet to find something to wear and everything was too small. In addition I just want to eat better — I’m thinking my #1 goal is to eat smaller portions. I’m sure that will help ALOT lol
5. I want to be more aware of the goodness around me rather than focusing on the negative – as I have been this last year. We are going to do a blessing jar or a good thing jar or something like that. Where when we have a good thing happen or we see a blessing in our life we put it on a piece of paper and put it in the jar then on New Years eve we open the jar and read them all.
Well I think that’s enough for now — I’ve been working on this post for 5 hours — time to put it to bed